Every year the ISO organizes the Lecturer of the Year Election.
Teachers play a major role in education, especially during the corona crisis. The work environment is subject to major changes, which is why the role of the teacher is of great importance now. A teacher who handles this properly is an example for other teachers in higher education. With this election, the ISO therefore wants to put inspiring teachers and teaching skills in a positive light. The ISO believes that it is especially important in these times to show that higher education has excellent teachers who contribute to the development of education and are an inspiration for students.
This year, in the jury will take place:
- Johanna Höffken, Lecturer of the Year 2020.
- Mariska Kleemans, board member of the ComeniusNetwork.
- Ronald Spruit, leader of the Teacher Professionalization zone of the SURF Acceleration Plan.
- Enrico Bosters, representative at Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
- Aukje de Ruijter, board member of the ISO.
Lecturer of the Year 2021
After successful previous editions, the Lecturer of the Year Election will also take place this year. This will take place on April 21, 2021 in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht. During the election, the finalists will give a presentation to show why they deserve the prize. The jury will then appoint a winner.
Curious about what the day looks like? Then watch the aftermovie of the 2019 edition to get a good impression.